Three key ingredients:
- One with a 4,000-year-old résumé for holistic healing. There’s a reason the joys of turmeric are being reported everywhere. This ancient beauty secret has a lot to share.
- One ingeniously manufactured by nature’s hardest workers. Considering all its glowing (and buzzworthy) skin-care attributes, it’s easy to develop a taste for honey.
- And one born under the sun to bring sweet, sweet relief. Is it surprising that an orange with origins in Sicily and Spain smells amazing? Meet this essential oil...
Lucky for us, the first two―Turmeric and Honey―share amazing benefits that help create glowing, revitalized skin. This duo combines to glorious effect in the new soap creation we’re featuring here. To create even more synergistic magic, our Blood Orange essential oil, delivering relaxing and mood-lifting effects in a fresh citrusy aroma, says “Let the healing begin!”
We promise you can’t wait to get your hands on (and into) this nurturing and nourishing project!
TURMERIC, THE WONDER SPICE
Also known as the “Golden Spice”, this super ingredient’s holistic healing properties have a long and illustrious history. Going back thousands of years, with origins in India’s Vedic culture, turmeric has always been linked with health and skincare benefits.
From helping to revive dull and sun-damaged skin to creating wedding-day glows for brides, this ultra-versatile spice has been known as a skin enhancer for generations. And now more than ever, the adage “Life is better with turmeric” has a lot of wholesome evidence to back it up:
- Get Glowing―antioxidants help brighten and revive dull-looking skin for new radiance
- Create Healing―natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidative properties aid in fighting bacteria and acne, evening skin tone, and lightening scars
- Boost Hydration―naturally moisturizing and revitalizing to add “oomph” to dry skin
Turmeric is featured in this project with our vibrant Natural Turmeric Powder from our new colorants collection, a 100% natural way to create a soft, golden color ranging from light pastel to a deep golden amber.
HONEY FINDS ITS SWEET SPOT IN SKIN CARE
The traditions of bee-keeping (and honey-hunting!) date back to the ancient Greeks and beyond. This power food has always been a powerhouse when it comes to health and cosmetic benefits for your skin, and there are so many yummy reasons why.
Similar to turmeric, honey is rich with natural antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory components. This healer combo creates an elevating ingredient for so many bath and beauty uses. Here’s just some of what it can do:
- Pump Up Collagen―and reduce fine lines while moisturizing and soothing skin
- Speed Healing―for cases of acne, eczema, and other chronic skin conditions
- Brighten Skin―gently and naturally exfoliate as you reveal glowing skin underneath
Our Honey Coco Melt + Pour Base is recommended for all skin types, but particularly those prone to acne or wanting to reduce signs of aging. This all-natural base is a translucent blend of natural honey sourced from a co-op of family-run beekeepers and sustainable Palm and Coconut oil with a soft golden hue.
ESSENTIAL OIL BRINGS THE SUNSHINE
It’s pretty easy to imagine what the smell of orange does to you… an orange grove on a sunny day… stopping at a fruit stand on a bright summer afternoon. It’s a sunshine state of mind, wrapped in refreshing, zesty goodness.
Our Blood Orange Essential Oil has germ-fighting power, helping to reduce bacteria and fungi when applied topically, but in this luscious soap, its sunny aromatherapy benefits really shine:
- Reduce Stress―mood-lifting effects for clarity, happiness, and mental focus
- Relax Body & Mind―enhances feelings of well-being, eases anxiousness
- Improve Sleep―calms to help reduce pulse rate and stress hormone levels
HERE ARE THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Wooden Wick Co. Exclusive Honey Coco Melt + Pour Soap Base
- .33 oz. Wooden Wick Co. Blood Orange Essential Oil
- 2 oz. New Wooden Wick Co. Natural Turmeric Powder
- A Bit of Bubble Wrap
- Gold Mica Powder
PLUS, YOUR STANDARD MELT AND POUR SOAP MAKING SUPPLIES
- Rectangle Soap Mold
- Scale – Digital Display
- Microwave-Safe Measuring Cup (64 oz.)
- Spatula or Bamboo Mixing Spoon
- Knife for cutting soap
- Bubble Wrap for Honeycomb texture
- Paper Towels or table cloth to cover your creation area
- Paint brush for adding mica
HOW TO MAKE HONEY TURMERIC BLOOD ORANGE SOAP
STEP 1: Before you get started, measure the inside of your soap mold, then take your bubble wrap and cut 4 pieces the same size as your soap mold (this is what will create your cool honeycomb pattern later!)
STEP 2: Remove wrap and label from soap base and use a knife to carefully cut the soap block into four to six smaller pieces. Place pieces into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until the soap is liquefied. Do not overheat.
STEP 3: Measure 2 oz of Turmeric powder using your digital scale. We recommend a small dish or measuring cup to hold the powder while you measure. Don’t forget to hit “tare” on your scale (to remove the weight of whatever vessel you’re measuring with)! When your soap is fully melted, add in the essential oil and turmeric. Gently mix for 1 minute or until ingredients are fully combined.
STEP 4: Slowly pour soap into the mold, then gently press a piece of bubble wrap into the surface of the soap.
STEP 5: Let soap cool thoroughly before moving (even a little bit!). Once cooled, you can add a dusting of sparkly gold mica to the top using a soft paint brush.
Now your gorgeous creations are ready to use!
With its holistic spirit and delicious self-care aspects, did you feel the healing in this project? We hope so! There’s more mindful making inspo where that came from!
Make your own creative combinations using our new soap bases and natural colorants. And if you’re new to soap making, our new Melt + Pour Discovery kit has a sampling of our stellar soap lineup so you can test out all of our new and natural bases to find one that suits your style!
And don’t forget to tag @woodenwick on Instagram to share your gorgeous creations with us!