You may have thought about making your own candles, diffusers, and soaps, but have you ever considered making your own natural home cleaning products?
We highly recommend venturing into this up and coming Makers category! Why, you ask? Making your own home cleaning products is a safe and affordable way to bring eco cleaning products into your home. Most are much easier to make than you might think!
Add to your homemade natural cleaning collection with this easy-to-make solution:
TILE + GROUT SCRUB
Works for tubs, showers, countertops, backsplashes, and more.
TRY OUR GO-TO FORMULA:
- Copper Metal Tin(s) or any tin style and color of your choice!
- 90% Baking Soda
- 9.5% Organic Flax Glycerin (or until baking soda is just combined and slightly crumbly)
0.5% Fragrance or Essential Oil Blend (we love this all-natural, odor-counteracting fragrance: Chamomile Flowers + Lavandin).
MAKER NOTES ON MAKING TILE + GROUT SCRUB:
- For optimal consistency, we suggest mixing the glycerin into the baking soda a small amount at a time until scrub is congealed but slightly crumbly
- A little bit of fragrance goes a LONG way in this product―just 0.5% load will give you a fresh, pleasant scent
- If using Metal Tins or Glam Tins, store in a dry place (some fragrances may cause rusting or paint deterioration to the tins)
- Wipe lid area thoroughly if any product spills on it; otherwise it may become hard to get on and off again
Including a small wooden spoon or other utensil is a great add-on to your finished product
Simply place the product onto a sponge and scrub with a small amount of water for best results. Bye, bye dirt and grime!
YOU CAN MAKE + CLEAN BETTER
Making a natural home cleaning product that is safer for your home and the environment sounds like a win-win doesn’t it?
Don’t be surprised if your friends start asking what you used to clean your countertops or how much cleaner your shower feels after scrubbing it with your homemade solution. Making your own eco cleaning products is a unique and efficient way to get rid of the bad stuff and clean with the good stuff, aka all-natural, fresh ingredients.
There are SO MANY ways you can get creative as a Maker, and we have all of the supplies to do just that! Try something new and make your own natural home cleaning products that offer better freshness wherever it is that you call home!
Don’t forget to tag us @woodenwick and show us how you MAKE and CLEAN BETTER!