If you’ve ever wanted to make your own body butter, we have the recipe to master that!
Get ready to create hydrating Maker magic.
Ethically sourced Shea Butter and raw Cocoa Butter are the main nourishing ingredients in this beautifully blended moisturizing formula. As these butters blend with a sweet, all-natural, creamy, floral fragrance plus all-natural Coconut Oil for additional replenishing, strengthening, and conditioning properties, this body butter will help soothe + hydrate skin and smell oh, so good! Once created, you will store your butters in gorgeous frosted glass jars and seal them with bamboo lids for an aesthetically pleasing display. What a lovely, creamy combo!Makes: 8 Body Butters
- 2 lb Refined Shea Butter
- 2 lb Cocoa Butter Deodorized Wafers
- 16 oz Monoi Oil
- 1 lb Arrowroot Powder
- 2 oz Geogard
- Rolled Oats (Optional)
- 8 Frosted Glass Jars + Bamboo Lids (100 ml)
- 10 oz Shea Butter (37.5%)
- 9 oz Cocoa Butter Deodorized Wafers (37.5%)
- 6 oz Monoi Oil (22.9%)
- 1.8 oz Arrowroot Powder (1.1%)
- 0.2 oz Geogard (0.7%)
- Rolled Oats (Optional)
Beginner Alternative: Use our pre-made CocoAloe Body Butter Base.
- Bamboo Mixing Spoon / A Hand Mixer will work better for this project
- Glass Pouring Pitcher x2
- Safety Goggles
- Making Apron
- Safety/Heat-Proof Gloves
OUR GO-TO RECIPE
1. In Pitcher #1, chop 9 oz of Cocoa Wafers into small pieces and heat them up in the microwave using 30 second intervals. Once they are softened, smush them with your spatula or a bamboo spoon. The consistency must be semi-soft and similar to the Monoi Oil. Once you achieve this consistency, add in 6 oz of Monoi Oil and mix both ingredients until they are fully combined.
2. In Pitcher #2, add 10 oz of Shea Butter and make sure to break apart any large chunks. Then, add in your blend of Cocoa Wafers and Monoi Oil and mix everything together until they are fully combined.
3. Add in 0.2 oz of Geogard and mix it thoroughly into your formula.
4. Use a Hand Mixer to start whipping your butters for about a minute. Check the consistency to make sure there are no large chunks.
5. Once your mixture is smooth, slowly add 1.8 oz of Arrowroot Powder to avoid forming clumps. Continue to mix your formula until you have added all of the Arrowroot Powder and the mixture is fully combined. Remember to scrape the sides using a spatula to integrate everything. This should take about 2-3 minutes, or until you have achieved your desirable consistency.
6. Carefully pour your creamy formula into your Frosted Glass Jars and let them sit and cool to avoid condensation. Once cooled, secure them with Bamboo Lids and let them sit for 24 hours before using.
7. When you’re ready, simply apply the butter to your skin and enjoy the soothing benefits of your delightfully dreamy creation.
Maker Tip 1: When softening the wafers, the cooler they are, the better they will perform.
Maker Tip 2: Use a Hand Mixer instead of the wand blender, otherwise no whip consistency will be achieved.
Now you can consider yourself a Body Care Maker! Add this creamy, hydrating body butter to your bath + body collection, give it as a gift, or both! Your friends and their skin will thank you later.
Want to make more fun body care projects? Check these out for some serene bath salts and sweet + soothing lip balm: