If you’re new to wooden wicks, or even if you have been working with them for a long time and think you know everything there is to know about wooden wicks and The Wooden Wick Co. here are some fun facts that you may not have heard before!
Did you know:
YOUR DOLLARS PLANT TREES
- For every $100 spent at The Wooden Wick Co, a tree is planted through Trees for the Future. Check out our post: It’s a Fact, You Planted a Tree!
USA GROWN + MADE
All wood used for our wooden wicks is sourced from FSC-certified Mills. What does this mean? FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council and they are an independent, non-profit organization that protects forests for future generations. Because FSC is the gold standard in forest certification, it is the only system supported by groups such as WWF, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Natural Resources Defense Council and National Wildlife Federation.
- Made in the USA Our wicks and wick clips are 100% manufactured in the U.S.A.
SOLD IN OVER 40 COUNTRIES
Our wood wicks are sold to customers in over 43 countries and counting! Italy, UK, Spain, France, Australia, Poland, South Africa, Canada, China, Vietnam, Korea, Columbia, New Zealand, Russia, and Mexico are only a small sample of the corners of the globe you will find our wooden wicks.
ALL NATURAL + UNTREATED
Our wicks are 100% natural and are not processed in any way. They are non-toxic and clean burning.
- Contrary to what you find on other blogs, Pinterest, and other websites, wooden wicks do not need to be soaked in oil or melted wax. Wooden wicks should be used as is, in their natural state, which will provide the best burn performance.
WE DO IT FOR THE CRACKLE
- Wooden wicks crackle! The level of crackle in our crackling wooden wicks will vary depending on your candle wax blend, the fragrance load, and any other additives used in your blend. The crackle you hear comes from any of the chemical compounds present in your candle blend reaching their respective flashpoints. These may include moisture present in the wick, wax, fragrance, color, and any other additives in the blend.
SET UP IS EASY
- Wooden wicks are easier to use than cotton wicks, as they require no straightening, no wick bars, or wooden dowels, so set-up is quick and easy.
IT ALL STARTED WITH A DREAM
- Our founder, DayNa Decker, came up with the idea for the wooden wicks in a dream. Now that’s some creative dreaming!
Creativity is our passion. And we want to ignite that passion in you with all the highest quality, innovative materials we can!
New to making? Get started with our video series that’s jam-packed with tutorials to stoke your creative fire!
We LOVE sharing your creations! Don’t forget to share your creations and tag @woodenwick on Instagram or @woodenwickco on Facebook for the chance to be featured!